Professionals with Linux and networking skills are highly sought-after in today’s market. And the demand for talent in IT is still growing. That’s why the course Linux for System Engineers (LFS311) is perfect for you if you wish to expand your knowledge of Linux Administration and Networking, or if you want to brush up on these very important skills. In this course you will learn everything you need to know to work with a wide range of Linux distributions, so you will be able to apply these concepts regardless of the distro you’re using. Additionally, this course is excellent preparation for the Linux Foundation Certified Engineer (LFCE) exam, that is included in this week of training.
Instructors of the Snow Academy are very experienced consultants. That’s why they’re able to enrich their trainings with a lot of fun, practical examples. If you have your own case study you’re struggling with, or if you have some difficult questions about Linux and Networking, feel free to ask our Linux Foundation Instructor for answers during the training! This training will be in Dutch.
This course is designed for IT professionals who need to gain a hands-on knowledge of Linux network configuration and services as well as related topics such as basic security and performance. Preferably, participants have previously followed the Linux for System Administrators (LFS301) course or something similar, and should at least have good knowledge of Linux and its most common utilities and text editors.
The following subjects will be covered:
- Linux Networking Concepts
- Netwerk Configuration, Troubleshooting and Monitoring
- Remote Access
- Domain Name Service (DNS)
- HTTP Servers and Caching
- Email Servers
- Network File Systems and File Sharing
- Introduction to Network Security
- High Availability
- System log
- Package Management
After the Linux for System Engineers training:
- Participants will know how to design, deploy and maintain a network running under Linux
- Participants will know how to administer the network services
- Participants will have the skills to create and operate a network in any major Linux distribution
- Participants will know how to securely configure the network interfaces
- Participants will know how to deploy and configure file, web, email and name servers
Study material and examination
You will receive your study material prior to the training. The material, the training and of course your own effort will prepare you for the LFCE exam. This training includes the exam!
Location and time
The training will be held onsite at Snow B.V. (De Ooyen 11, Geldermalsen) for four full days followed by the exam day:
- Monday March 4th from 09.00 a.m. until 05.00 p.m.
- Tuesday March 5th from 09.00 a.m. until 05.00 p.m.
- Wednesday March 6th from 09.00 a.m. until 05.00 p.m.
- Thursday March 7th from 09.00 a.m. until 05.00 p.m.
- Friday March 8th exam day
During the training week, you are welcome to eat and study at Snow from Monday through Thursday. Dinner is served at 06.00 p.m. after which you will be able to study until 09.00 p.m. Please let us know in advance if you would like to join by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. We facilitate the study sessions with a minimum of three participants.