Are you fan of containers already, and interested in a better way to manage them? Have you heard about the functionality of Kubernetes for deploying and managing containers, but don’t know how to use it? Or do you have some experience with Kubernetes already, but you’d like to know how to use it more efficiently? Then this Kubernetes Administration (LFS458) is perfect for you!
In this course you will learn how to install and configure a production-grade Kubernetes cluster, from network configuration to upgrades to making deployments available via services. Also, you’ll learn how to handle the ongoing tasks necessary for Kubernetes administration. The focus is on tools that would work on anyone’s Kubernetes cluster, for example you’ll use kubeadm to deploy the cluster. This training includes the Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) exam, and it will be taught in Dutch.
Participants need to have an understanding of Linux administration skills, and should be comfortable using the command line.
The following subjects will be covered:
- Basics of Kubernetes
- Installation and Configuration
- Kubernetes Architecture
- APIs and Access, API Objects
- Managing State with Deployments
- Volumes and Data
- Logging and Troubleshooting
- Custom Resource Definition
- Kubernetes Federation
After the Kubernetes Administration training:
- Participants will be able to perform a multi-node Kubernetes cluster installation using kubeadm, and will know how to grow a cluster
- Participants will know about choosing and implementing cluster networking
- Participants will know various methods of application lifecycle management, including scaling, updates and roll-backs
- Participants will be able to configure security for the cluster and containers
- Participants will know how to manage storage available to containers
- Participants will know about monitoring, logging and troubleshooting of containers and the cluster
- Participants will be able to configure scheduling and affinity of container deployments
- Participants will be able to use Helm and Charts to automate application deployment
- Participants will understand Federation for fault-tolerance and higher availability
Study material and examination
You will receive your study material prior to the training. The material, the training and of course your own effort will prepare you for the CKA exam. This training includes the exam!
Location and time
The training will be held onsite at Snow B.V. (De Ooyen 11, Geldermalsen) for four full days followed by the exam day:
- Thursday January 3rd from 09.00 a.m. until 05.00 p.m.
- Friday January 4th from 09.00 a.m. until 05.00 p.m.
- Monday January 7th from 09.00 a.m. until 05.00 p.m.
- Tuesday January 8th from 09.00 a.m. until 05.00 p.m.
- Friday January 11th exam
During the training week, you are welcome to eat and study at Snow from Monday through Thursday. Dinner is served at 06.00 p.m. after which you will be able to study until 09.00 p.m. Please let us know in advance if you would like to join by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.