Everyone in IT knows about Linux, and how important it is in your infrastructure. That’s why solid knowledge about the basics is essential. And who better than an experienced Snow consultant and Linux Foundation Instructor can tell you everything about the fundamental concepts of Linux? Of course, following the Linux System Administration (LFS301) Training, you will be able to sit for the Linux Foundation Certified SysAdmin (LFCS) exam.
Our Linux Foundation Instructors have a lot of Linux knowlegde, and besides they know everything about configuration and automation tooling, cloud computing, and containers. This means you get to ask a lot of difficult questions, and you’re welcome to bring your own case studies! This training will be in Dutch.
Participants should have basic knowledge of Linux and its most common utilities and text editors.
The following subjects will be covered:
- Package management systems
- System startup, monitoring and processes
- Virtualization and container technologies
- Networking and firewalls
- Linux security modules
- Basic troubleshooting
After the Linux System Administration training:
- Participants will know how to administer, configure and upgrade Linux systems (Red Hat, SUSE, Debian/Ubuntu)
- Participants will understand fundamental Linux concepts to build and manage enterprise Linux infrastructures
- Participants will know how to use state-of-the-art system administration techniques in real-life scenarios via practical labs
Study material and examination
You will receive your study material prior to the training. The material, the training and of course your own effort will prepare you for the LFCS exam. This training includes the exam!
Location and time
The training will be held onsite at Snow B.V. (De Ooyen 11, Geldermalsen) for four full days followed by the exam day:
- Monday January 21st from 09.00 a.m. until 05.00 p.m.
- Tuesday January 22nd from 09.00 a.m. until 05.00 p.m.
- Wednesday January 23rd from 09.00 a.m. until 05.00 p.m.
- Thursday January 24th from 09.00 a.m. until 05.00 p.m.
- Friday January 25th exam day
During the training week, you are welcome to eat and study at Snow from Monday through Thursday. Dinner is served at 06.00 p.m. after which you will be able to study until 09.00 p.m. Please let us know in advance if you would like to join by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.