SaltStack is an open source configuration management and automation tool that helps simplify the maintenance of large IT environments. There are several SaltStack Certified Engineers working at Snow, including SaltStack Certified Trainers Tom Duijf and Jeroen van Nieuwenhuizen. Besides the fact that they are very experienced consultants, they are excellent trainers that use a lot of fun, practical examples. SaltStack Administration I will be in Dutch, but the study material is written in English.
At least one year of experience in Linux system administration is required to be able to follow SaltStack Administration I.
The following subjects will be covered:
- Salt-installation and configuration
- Salt command-line
- Salt remote execution framework
- Salt states
- Jinja with Salt
- Salt pillar data
- Runners and orchestration
- Salt reactors and beacons
- Salt SSH
- Job caches and file back ends
After the SaltStack Administration I training:
- Participants know the possibilities of SaltStack
- Participants will be able to use SaltStack for remote execution
- Participants will be able to install and configure SaltStack
- Participants will be able to implement Salt states
- Participants will know Salt cloud-basics
- Participants will know SaltStack Enterprise-basics
Study material and examination
Participants will receive a SaltStack training manual. You will also be provided with a Salt cloud environment for hands-on labs and practical exercises during the training. This training does not include an exam. In order to pass the SaltStack Certified Engineer (SSCE) exam, SaltStack requires you to finish the SaltStack Administration II training first.
Location and time
The training will be held onsite at Snow B.V. (De Ooyen 11, Geldermalsen) for three full days:
- Monday October 15th from 09.00 a.m. until 05.00 p.m.
- Tuesday October 16th from 09.00 a.m. until 05.00 p.m.
- Wednesday October 17th from 09.00 a.m. until 05.00 p.m.
During the training week, you are welcome to eat and study at Snow from Monday through Thursday. Dinner is served at 06.00 p.m. after which you will be able to study until 09.00 p.m. Please let us know in advance if you would like to join by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.