SaltStack is an open source configuration management and automation tool that helps simplify the maintenance of large IT environments. There are several SaltStack Certified Engineers working at Snow, including SaltStack Certified Trainers Tom Duijf and Jeroen van Nieuwenhuizen. Besides the fact that they are very experienced consultants, they are excellent trainers that use a lot of fun, practical examples. SaltStack Administration II is the continuation of SaltStack Administration I. The training will be in English, the study material is written in English as well.
Participants have completed SaltStack Administration I.
The following subjects will be covered:
- Salt Cloud
- Windows Minions
- Proxy Minions
- SaltStack Architecture
- Salt State System
- Salt Renderers
- Building Salt Formulas
- Salt Orchestration Formulas
- Reactors and Beacons Formulas
- Salt Troubleshooting
- Salt Security
After the SaltStack Administration II training:
- Participants will know provisioning and deployment aspects of Salt minions
- Participants will know the inner workings of SaltStack
- Participants will know more about securing the SaltStack Architecture
- Participants will be able to use SaltStack on Windows
- Participants will know about Salt Proxy Minions
- Participants will know the best practices
- Participants will be able to troubleshoot SaltStack
Study material and examination
Participants will receive a SaltStack training manual. You will also be provided with a Salt cloud environment for hands-on labs and practical exercises during the training. This training includes the SaltStack Certified Engineer (SSCE) exam.
Location and time
The training will be held onsite at Snow B.V. (De Ooyen 11, Geldermalsen) for three full days followed by the exam day:
- Monday May 13th from 09.00 a.m. until 05.00 p.m.
- Tuesday May 14th from 09.00 a.m. until 05.00 p.m.
- Wednesday May 15th from 09.00 a.m. until 05.00 p.m.
- Friday May 17th from 1.00 p.m. until 02.00 p.m. (exam day)
During the training week, you are welcome to eat and study at Snow from Monday through Wednesday. Dinner is served at 06.00 p.m. after which you will be able to study until 09.00 p.m. Please let us know in advance if you would like to join by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. We facilitate the study sessions with a minimum of three participants.