More and more companies choose software defined storage solutions. Reasons for this are cost reduction, scalable storage capacity, and easier administration. SUSE Enterprise Storage 5 (SES 5) is an example of such a software defined storage solution based on Ceph technology. In the two day SUSE Enterprise Storage 5 Administration (SES201v5) course, you will learn what SES 5 entails. Additionally, you will learn skills with which to manage and monitor storage clusters.
Snow Academy has several SUSE Certified Instructors, that also work for Snow’s customers as engineers or consultants. That’s why they are able to complement the theory with lots of practical examples.
Attendees should have Linux System Administration skills equivalent to SUSE Certified Administrator in Enterprise Linux 12. Familiarity with other storage solutions and distributed filesystems is helpful but not essential.
- Introduction to SES 5 and Ceph Architecture
- OpenATTIC Management Console
- Configure and access Block Storage using rbd
- Configure and access Object Storage using the Ceph Object Gateway (RADOS-GW)
- Configure and use File Storage with CephFS
- Configure access to Block Storage using iSCSI
- Configure access to Object and File Storage via NFS
- Monitoring a SES Cluster using OpenATTIC
After the SUSE Enterprise Storage 5 Administration course:
- Participants will know SES 5 components and architecture
- Participants will be able to install SES 5 Ceph cluster gateways using the DeepSea utility
- Participants will be able to use RADOS, OSDs, Monitors and Ceph data placement
- Participants will be able to access and use block, file and object storage using rbd, iSCSI, Ceph Object Gateway, and CephFS
- Participants will be able to use Erasure Coding
- Participants will be able to monitor the Ceph cluster with the OpenATTIC Management Console
Study material and examination
Participants will receive digital course material prior to the training. This course prepares participants for the SUSE Certified Administrator in Enterprise Storage 5 exam. The training includes this exam. More information about the exam can be found at: https://training.suse.com/certification/sca-storage/sca-storage5-exam-objectives/.
Location and time
The training will be held onsite at Snow B.V. (De Ooyen 11, Geldermalsen) for two full days followed by an exam day:
- Monday July 15th from 09.00 a.m. until 05.00 p.m.
- Tuesday July 16th from 09.00 a.m. until 05.00 p.m.
- Friday July 19th exam day
After the training, you are also welcome to eat and study at Snow on Monday and Tuesday. Dinner is served at 06.00 p.m. after which you will be able to study until 09.00 p.m. Please let us know in advance if you would like to join by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. We facilitate the study sessions with a minimum of three participants.