More and more companies use software defined storage solutions. This way they save a lot of time and money, but you already know that. You have been working with SUSE Enterprise Storage for Ceph for a while, but think it can be done better. Then this two day SUSE Enterprise Storage 5 Advanced Administration (SES301v5) course is perfect for you, because it teaches you the tips and tricks to use SUSE Enterprise Storage even more efficiently.
The SUSE Certified Instructors of the Snow Academy regularly work for customers of Snow as engineers or consultants. That way they can complement the theory with practical examples. This training will be in Dutch, although the study material is in English.
Participants should have a working knowledge of SUSE Enterprise Storage (or other Ceph cluster) to the level required by SUSE Certified Administrator in Enterprise Storage. The course assumes that students have a basic understanding of Ceph storage, the RADOS cluster and gateways.
The following subjects will be covered:
- Managing Storage
- Access and Security
- High Availability with SES
- Admin Node
After the SUSE Enterprise Storage 5 Advanced Administration training:
- Participants will know how to shutdown a cluster
- Participants will be able to use Deepsea to deploy BlueStore in single and multiple device configurations
- Participants will be able to plan, define and implement CRUSH Maps and CRUSH Map Rules
- Participants will know how to add storage capacity using Deepsea to add additional nodes and OSDs
- Participants will be able to configure authentication using cephx and manage user capabilities
- Participants will be able to plan High Availability for SES Components
- Participants will know how to manage the Admin node
Study material and examination
Participants will receive digital course material prior to the course. The SUSE Enterprise Storage 5 Advanced Administration training prepares you for the SUSE Certified Engineer in Enterprise Storage 5 exam. This training includes this exam. For more information about the exam, see: https://training.suse.com/certification/sce-storage/exam-objectives-sce-in-enterprise-storage5/.
Location and time
The training will be held onsite at Snow B.V. (De Ooyen 11, Geldermalsen) for two full days followed by the exam day:
- Monday November 25th from 09.00 a.m. until 05.00 p.m.
- Tuesday November 26th from 09.00 a.m. until 05.00 p.m.
- Friday November 29th exam day
During the training week, you are welcome to eat and study at Snow on Monday and Tuesday. Dinner is served at 06.00 p.m. after which you will be able to study until 09.00 p.m. Please let us know in advance if you would like to join by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. We only facilitate these study sessions when there’s a minimum of three people participating.