SUSE Linux Enterprise Advanced Administration (SLE301) is the perfect training to gain extensive knowledge of the SUSE system administration tasks on SLES 12. This training dives deeper into the course material of the SUSE Linux Enterprise Administration training (SLE201) by discussing more specialised network and storage configurations.
Snow has several SUSE Certified Trainers that are permanently employed, so we can assure our customers with great quality. All trainers regularly work for our customers as engineer or consultant, so they are able to complement the theory with practical examples. This training will be in Dutch, although the study material is in English.
Participants need to be SUSE Certified Administrator (SCA) in Enterprise Linux 12, or should have extensive experience using SUSE Linux.
The following subjects will be covered:
- Advanced System Administration
- Shell scripting
- Advanced Networking
- Storage Administration
- Centralized Authentication
- Packaging and Updates
- Advanced Deployment
- Configuration Management using Salt
After the SUSE Linux Enterprise Advanced Administration training:
- Participants will be advanced in SLES 12 System Administration
- Participants will be able to deal with specialised Networking and Storage configurations
- Participants will have a solid understanding of Bash scripting
Study material and examination
Participants will receive digital course material prior to the training. This course prepares participants for the SUSE Certified Engineer in Enterprise Linux 12 (2018 Update) certification exam. The training includes this exam. More information about the exam can be found at: https://training.suse.com/certification/sce-linux/exam-objectives-suse-certified-engineer-in-enterprise-linux-12-2018-update/.
Location and time
The training will be held onsite at Snow B.V. (De Ooyen 11, Geldermalsen) for four full days followed by the exam day:
- Monday April 29th from 09.00 a.m. until 05.00 p.m.
- Tuesday April 30th from 09.00 a.m. until 05.00 p.m.
- Wednesday May 1st from 09.00 a.m. until 05.00 p.m.
- Thursday May 2nd from 09.00 a.m. until 05.00 p.m.
- Friday May 3rd exam day
During the training week, you are welcome to eat and study at Snow from Monday through Thursday. Dinner is served at 06.00 p.m. after which you will be able to study until 09.00 p.m. Please let us know in advance if you would like to join by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. We only facilitate these study sessions when there’s a minimum of three people participating.