SUSE Linux Enterprise Administration (SLE201v15) is the perfect training to gain knowledge of the SUSE Operating System. Since this training is essential for learning the basics of system administration of a SUSE environment, the Snow Academy regularly facilitates the SUSE Linux Enterprise Administration training. For this we have a number of great SUSE trainers on board, who are permanently employed at Snow.
Our trainers are experienced senior consultants who have successfully worked for Snow for many years already, but also very young, talented engineers (one of our trainers is pretty much the youngest SUSE trainer in the world). They are all certified SUSE instructors, and CompTIA Certified Technical Trainer. Since all trainers also work as an engineer or consultant for our customers, they are able to complement the course material with practical examples. This training will be in Dutch.
This training is designed for those who are seeking a fundamental understanding of the SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 15 operating system.
The following subjects will be covered:
- Overview of SUSE Linux Enterprise
- Installation and Configuration
- Linux file system
- Command line interface
- Vim editor
- Remote Administration
- System Initialization
- Process Management
- Identity and Security
- Software Management
- Network Administration
- Storage Administration
- Administration and Monitoring
After the SUSE Linux Enterprise Administration training:
- Participants will know how to install and configure SLES 15
- Participants will know commonly used commands
- Participants will be able to manage software, users and permissions
- Participants will know basic network configurations and systemd
- Participants will be able to monitor SUSE Linux Enterprise
Study material and examination
Participants will receive digital course material prior to the training. This training includes the SUSE Certified Administrator in Enterprise Linux 12 exam and the update exam from SLES 12 to 15, to become SCA in Enterprise Linux 15. More information about the exams is available on: https://training.suse.com/certification/sca-linux/exam-objectives-sca-linux-12-update/ and https://training.suse.com/certification/sca-linux/exam-objectives-sles-12-to-15-update/.
Location and time
The training will be held onsite at Snow B.V. (De Ooyen 11, Geldermalsen) for four full days followed by the exam day:
- Monday March 18th from 09.00 a.m. until 05.00 p.m.
- Tuesday March 19th from 09.00 a.m. until 05.00 p.m.
- Wednesday March 20th from 09.00 a.m. until 05.00 p.m.
- Thursday March 21st from 09.00 a.m. until 05.00 p.m.
- Friday March 22nd exam
During the training week, you are welcome to eat and study at Snow from Monday through Thursday. Dinner is served at 06.00 p.m. after which you will be able to study until 09.00 p.m. Please let us know in advance if you would like to join by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We facilitate the study sessions with a minimum of three participants.