SUSE Manager helps you monitor the status of your Linux systems at a glance. It provides you with a handy dashboard that gives a clear overview of the status of all your systems, VMs, containers, and applications. This means you spend less time and money on manually managing your IT environment! Follow the SUSE Manager 3.1 Administration (SMGR201) training at the Snow Academy to quickly get started with this SUSE technique based on SaltStack.
Trainers from the Snow Academy are experienced Linux consultants who implement the latest techniques at various clients. That way they can supplement the training material with practical examples.
Participants should have a good knowledge of Linux administration to the SUSE Certified Linux Administrator 12 level. An understanding of systems management processes such as ITIL is useful but not essential.
The following subjects will be covered:
- Introduction and Features Overview
- Architecture and Components
- Installation and Initial Configuration
- Users, Group, Role and Organization Configuration
- Software Channel Management
- System Registration
- CVE and Patching
- Salt Overview
- System Management using Salt States
- Subscription Matching
- Deploying systems and the SUSE Manager 3.1 Proxy
After the SUSE Manager 3.1 Administration training:
- Participants will know how to install and configure SUSE Manager
- Participants will know Users and System Group Management
- Participants will know Channel Management and Subscription Matching
- Participants will be able to create and configure Activation Keys
- Participants will know Salt Fundamentals
- Participants will be able to register Salt Minions and apply Salt States
- Participants will be able to run a CVE audit and patch systems
- Participants will know about Unattended System Deployment
- Participants will be able to expand SUSE Manager with Organizations
Study material and examination
Participants will receive digital course material prior to the training. This course prepares participants for the SUSE Certified Administrator in Systems Management exam. The training includes this exam. More information about the exam can be found at: https://training.suse.com/certification/sca-management/sca-systems-management-exam-objectives/.
Location and time
The training will be held onsite at Snow B.V. (De Ooyen 11, Geldermalsen) for three full days followed by the exam day:
- Monday June 3rd from 09.00 a.m. until 05.00 p.m.
- Tuesday June 5th from 09.00 a.m. until 05.00 p.m.
- Wednesday June 5th from 09.00 a.m. until 05.00 p.m.
- Friday June 7th exam day
During the training week, you are welcome to eat and study at Snow from Monday through Wednesday. Dinner is served at 06.00 p.m. after which you will be able to study until 09.00 p.m. Please let us know in advance if you would like to join by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We facilitate the study sessions with a minimum of three participants.